Welcome PageLegionSALAuxiliaryLegion RidersCalendarEventsReoccuring EventsPost NewsletterAuxiliary NewsletterContactLegion Job Fairs
Membership Eligibility
Membership Eligibility

 How do I know if I'm eligible to join the SAL?

Membership in this organization is established through an individual's parent's or grandparent's military service.  Essentially, if your parents or grandparents are (or were) eligible to join The American Legion, you are eligible to join the Sons of The American Legion.

DD214 proof may be required. The DD-214, officially "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active-Duty," but generally referred to as a DD-214, is a document of the United States Department of Defense, issued upon a military service member's retirement, separation or discharge from active-duty military.

We have application forms at the Post or you may get them at the National SAL web site.

 DD214 information: